Friday, November 11, 2016

What I Enjoyed This Week: Being Busy

Such a cute picture...

but the tongue!  :)

Whew!  This week has been busy!  Monday was our typically full day as we recovered from the weekend and prepared for the week.  We also stayed up too late watching the election results come in.

After doing school Tuesday, I took Daniel and Sarah Beth to see Mathemagic, a show about math and magic.  :)  They loved it!  A friend offered to take care of the three little girls, and they had a wonderful time with her children.

We're always busy on Wednesdays since we're at CC all day, but it was also Daniel's last soccer practice.  To "celebrate" his coach proposed a scrimmage between the boys and their parents.  John volunteered me since I played some in high school.  I have to admit that I had a lot of fun -- and so did John.  Thankfully, I've been jogging lately, so I was hardly sore at all on Thursday, but I have to admit that I was worried about it!

Thursday, after doing school and having lunch, I took Sarah Beth and Daniel to the dentist with me.  After that, we ran a few errands, mostly buying things for Operation Christmas Child.

But after three afternoons in a row being gone from home along with a soccer scrimmage one evening, well, I'm just a little tired.  :)  Hopefully, I can get caught up today since I hope and plan to be home all day.

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • A country where changes in power happen relatively violence-free.
  • My sweet husband who watched our five children so I could go out for dinner Friday night with a friend.
  • Wonderful fellowship with good friends!
  • Cooler weather.  It's actually been cool enough to wear jeans this week!  The highs have been in the lower to middle 70s!
  • A friend willing to keep my three younger children.
  • Spending time with my older two children.  
  • A babysitter who is available during the day and whose mother is willing to drop her off and pick her back up.  
  • Inexpensive books from Goodwill.  :)
  • Watching Hannah scoot all over the house.
  • Playing soccer!
  • Knowing this week is the last one for soccer practice which means that we'll all be home for supper from now on!  At least, until soccer starts back in the spring.  ;)
We have two soccer games Saturday (the last two!), and John and I have a date night planned!  It's been a while since we've had one, so we're looking forward to it!

What did you enjoy this week?  Did you stay up too late Monday night?  What do you have planned this weekend?

No comments: