Wednesday, November 2, 2016

October Reading and Goals

An old picture that I've always loved!

This month has been busy!  You will probably be able to tell that by the amount of reading I did --which wasn't very much.  :)  I'm really glad that I kept my goals simple because I didn't do very well with them, either.  But we had a good month, and it was productive in other ways, so I'm not disappointed in myself.

Here are the two books I finished this month.  Yes, only two!
  • The Happiness Dare by Jennifer Dukes Lee.  The author shows how being happy is compatible with being holy; that not only does God not mind us being happy, He wants us to be happy.  She has a neat happiness survey (which you can take here) to help the reader figure out what kinds of things make her happy.  While I wasn't surprised to find out that I'm a "Thinker," it did help me see why I enjoy what I enjoy.  More than that, it helps me understand my Doer husband a little better.  :)
  • Waves of Mercy by Lynn Austin.  Another wonderful book by this author, here is my full review.  
I completely forgot to tell you how I did with my goals during September.  I made my goals very simple and fairly easy, and I continued them into October.  
  • Take my children to the pool twice.  I took them once in September but not at all in October.  John took Rachel and Mary once in September, and he took them again along with Daniel in October.  I'm going to be honest with you:  it's very boring for me at the pool.  We are usually the only ones there, so there's no one for me to talk with.  And I have to get in the pool with my children while holding Hannah because they don't allow any kind of baby floats, only Coast Guard approved life vests.  What I'm trying to say is that I just don't want to go.  :(  So I need to figure out a way to make it more fun for me -- because my children already enjoy it!
  • Continuing exercising, getting ready for a 5K.  While I may not have been as consistent with this as I should have been, I was ready for my 5K last Saturday.  Hooray!  I'll tell you more about my race on Friday.
What have you read recently?  How are you doing on your goals?

No comments: