Friday, October 28, 2016

What I Enjoyed this Week: A Whole Week at Home!


We had a lovely week of being home everyday except our CC day.  It was still busy as I worked to keep on top of things, but it wasn't as crazy as usual.  I'm learning to do things early to keep from being overwhelmed by too much to do at the last minute.  :)

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • Preparing a meal my children were actually excited about!  Chili Cheese Dip.  Yes, we eat it as a meal.  :)
  • My children didn't appreciate Carolina Shrimp and Cheddar Grits, but I sure did!  Yum!!
  • The cooler weather.  Our highs have dropped to the lower to middle 80s.  It's much more pleasant outside, although, honestly, it's still a little warm.  :)
  • Not being joined at the hip, so to speak, with Hannah now that she's weaned.  I went to a children's book party Friday night, and it was wonderful to leave all of the children at home with John without having to worry about, well, anything.  
  • I also enjoyed the ladies at the book party, and of course, I had a lot of fun looking at all of the books!  (Christmas presents!)
We have a busy weekend planned.  First thing Saturday morning, I've got a 5K to run.  My goal is just to run the whole thing.  :)  Afterwards, Sarah Beth and Daniel have soccer games; thankfully, they're in town, but there should be about an hour in between which makes it more difficult on the other children (and therefore us parents).  Just in case that's not enough, we're having our pictures taken professionally that evening.  Oh, I'm tired just thinking about it.  :)  

What did you enjoy this week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments: