Friday, October 14, 2016

What I Enjoyed This Week: Uncle Ray


Uncle Ray came to visit last Saturday and stayed until Tuesday.  We had a great time with him like we always do.  John took Monday and Tuesday off, so we enjoyed having him around, too.  Our children especially appreciated all of the time that Ray took with them, teaching them new things.  John and Ray took the older four children to the Houston Museum of Natural Science on Monday; we hadn't been in a while so that was a treat.  Hannah and I couldn't go because we don't all fit in one car.  :)

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • Meeting friends at the park last Friday.
  • Making a new homeschooling friend.
  • Spending Saturday morning with just Hannah and Mary when John took the older three to pick up Ray from the airport.  Mary and I had so much fun finishing the cleaning of the house and grocery shopping.  
  • Having time on Monday to myself when everyone but Hannah went to the museum.  I almost didn't know what to do with myself -- except that I had made a list of things I wanted to do:  watch a CC webinar while knitting and reply to an email from a special friend.
  • An "off" week for soccer games.  But I look forward to games tomorrow!
What did you enjoy this week?  We just have the soccer games this weekend so it ought to be a quiet weekend -- as quiet as our house gets, anyway!  :)  What do you have planned?

No comments: