Friday, October 21, 2016

What I Enjoyed This Week: A Day Off (Kind of) and a Scooter

Look who we found under the kitchen table!

I felt like I was running behind all week, and it was only Tuesday!  I felt like my days just needed one more hour in them because I didn't have enough time to get everything done that I needed to.  Simple, quick things like folding one load of laundry were not getting done.  I needed a day where I could stay home all day long, and I hoped that would help.  Well, I got that day on Wednesday, a day I really didn't want it.  :)  My car battery died Tuesday, and it had a corroded cable which John wasn't able to fix that evening.  Then Hannah started running a fever.  So we stayed home Wednesday instead of heading to CC.  We were all very disappointed, especially my older two children who had worked hard preparing their presentations.

The other big thing that happened this week was that Hannah became mobile.  She's moved around a little bit, but mostly stayed within a five-foot radius of where we put her down.  Not anymore!  Overnight -- Tuesday, to be exact -- she started scooting all over downstairs.  From the living room to the kitchen and again to the library.  I'm excited that she's scooting, but I also miss her being fairly stationary.  :)

Here are a few other things I enjoyed this week:
  • Staying home and getting things (mostly) caught up.
  • Sending Sarah Beth to CC on Wednesday when a friend offered to take her.  :)
  • A relatively quiet day at home with just four of my children.
  • A husband who knows things about cars.
  • A good night's sleep Wednesday night after getting up with Hannah a couple of times the night before.  I didn't even realize I was so tired!  :)
  • Children who enjoy the library as much as I do!
What did you enjoy this week?  

We planned to meet friends again at the park this afternoon, but John is taking the car to the shop today to have it repaired.  UnFortunately, we have another day completely at home in which to get some things done.  We also have two soccer games tomorrow.  What do you have planned?

No comments: