Friday, September 9, 2016

What I Enjoyed This Week: A Three Day Weekend


This week, oh, this week!  I felt like I was running behind all week!  Monday is my usual day to catch up from the weekend, but when Monday is part of the weekend -- well, there goes my week!

Okay, it wasn't really that bad this week although it did feel like it at times.  :)

Since John was home on Monday, he took our oldest four children out in the boat to do some crabbing.  Wasn't that brave of him?  :)  They had a great time!  And I had some time to myself!!  Hannah and I ran a couple of errands and enjoyed being home by ourselves for a little while.

Thursday, Mary and Sarah Beth had an appointment with the ophthalmologist, and they did fine.  But the doctor found a piece of metal in Sarah Beth's eye.  It had been there long enough to rust, but it didn't do any damage.  He was able to remove it, and things are fine now.  Honestly, I thought he was joking at first because it was just so strange.  "Your daughter has a piece of metal in her eye."  What?!

Here are a few things I enjoyed this week:
  • A three-day weekend with John.
  • A little time to myself (with Hannah) on Monday.
  • Having Sarah Beth and Daniel vacuum and mop on Tuesday.  :)  Yes, I enjoyed not doing it.
  • Booking an appointment to have our pictures taken professionally.  We haven't had professional pictures done since Daniel was a baby.  
  • Triggers:  Exchanging Parents' Angry Reactions for Gentle Biblical Responses by Amber Lia and Wendy Speake.  This book is amazing!  Each short chapter talks about the different things that can trigger anger in us, and then the authors give other ways to respond.  The first half of the book deals with the ways that children trigger anger in us, and it gives ways we should respond instead of getting angry while still dealing with whatever triggered the anger.  I wish I could buy this book for everyone I know!  I think it's that good!
Tomorrow is Sarah Beth's first soccer game, and we look forward to cheering her on!  What do you have planned?  And what have you enjoyed this week?

No comments: