Monday, September 12, 2016

Moms, Let Them Try!


Sarah Beth and Daniel are playing soccer for the first time and having a wonderful time.  John and I want to encourage them and help them develop some skills, so we purchased this goal for them.  It arrived last Friday, and Saturday morning John told them to put it together while he went on his bike ride.

Honestly, I didn't think they would be able to do it.  I figured they would come back inside after five minutes complaining how hard it was to put together.  But I was busy, and I trusted John, so I left them to it.

Half an hour later, my curiosity got the better of me, and I went outside to check on them.  Lo and behold!  The goal was almost completely put together!  I was so proud of my children.

Let me encourage you, fellow mothers, to let your children try things you don't think they can do.  (And I'm talking to myself, too!)  They just might surprise you!  Mine sure did!

Have you had an experience like this, where your children accomplished something you didn't think they could?

No comments: