As we tackled our second week of school, I was happy to be able to stay home most days. (I'm such a homebody.) Sarah Beth started her soccer practices this week, and I really enjoyed being able to drop off Daniel or Sarah Beth at practice and then let John pick them up on his way home from work.
Here are a few more things I enjoyed this week:
- Knitted dishcloths. I much prefer to use knitted dishcloths instead of store bought ones, but I don't usually take the time to make my own. This week, though, I've made a few, and I plan to make a few more. They're not quite "instant gratification" because they take a couple of days to make, but they are much quicker than a blanket.
- Watching the Olympics. I've had more time for knitting since we've been watching the games every evening.
- Having Sarah Beth and Daniel vacuum and mop. While they don't necessarily enjoy helping, I'm glad they're learning these skills and how to do things they don't like. :)
- Eye doctor appointment. While I don't actually enjoy these appointments, I do appreciate the time to myself. I can't believe how long these appointments take -- two hours!, but I just figured I was going to be there a long time and planned accordingly. I brought a book to read and another one on my kindle for when my eyes were dilated and I couldn't read anything else.
- New contacts. My old ones were bothering my eyes.
- Putting together another puzzle with Rachel. She loves this time with me, so I've already ordered a few more. :)
- Hannah's smiles. Have I mentioned those recently? :)
What did you enjoy this week?