Friday, August 12, 2016

What I've Enjoyed This Week: Knitted Dishcloths


As we tackled our second week of school, I was happy to be able to stay home most days.  (I'm such a homebody.)  Sarah Beth started her soccer practices this week, and I really enjoyed being able to drop off Daniel or Sarah Beth at practice and then let John pick them up on his way home from work.

Here are a few more things I enjoyed this week:
  • Knitted dishcloths.  I much prefer to use knitted dishcloths instead of store bought ones, but I don't usually take the time to make my own.  This week, though, I've made a few, and I plan to make a few more.  They're not quite "instant gratification" because they take a couple of days to make, but they are much quicker than a blanket.  
  • Watching the Olympics.  I've had more time for knitting since we've been watching the games every evening.  
  • Having Sarah Beth and Daniel vacuum and mop.  While they don't necessarily enjoy helping, I'm glad they're learning these skills and how to do things they don't like.  :)
  • Eye doctor appointment.  While I don't actually enjoy these appointments, I do appreciate the time to myself.  I can't believe how long these appointments take -- two hours!, but I just figured I was going to be there a long time and planned accordingly.  I brought a book to read and another one on my kindle for when my eyes were dilated and I couldn't read anything else.
  • New contacts.  My old ones were bothering my eyes.
  • Putting together another puzzle with Rachel.  She loves this time with me, so I've already ordered a few more.  :)
  • Hannah's smiles.  Have I mentioned those recently?  :)
What did you enjoy this week?

No comments: