Friday, August 19, 2016

What I've Enjoyed This Week: CC Orientation and an Afternoon with Daniel

All tuckered out at CC orientation.

This week has been rainy.  We've needed the rain, so I've enjoyed it, although I have to admit that the kids haven't enjoyed being cooped up in the house.  Unfortunately, soccer practice was cancelled all week which we expected, but Sarah Beth and Daniel were both disappointed.

On Wednesday, we had our CC orientation, so we were able to meet the rest of the families that will be on our campus.  We had already met most of them, but there were a couple of new ones to meet.  It's exciting to start back next week!

Here are a few things I enjoyed this week:
  • No soccer practice.  Selfishly, I was happy not having to load everybody up in the car to drop Sarah Beth or Daniel off at practice four days this week.
  • Spending time with like-minded families at our CC orientation.
  • Watching the Olympics, especially the equestrian sport of show jumping.  It made me want to start riding again!  
  • Spending yesterday afternoon with Daniel, just the two of us.  I had a follow-up ophthalmologist appointment, and I took advantage of having a babysitter in order take him with me so we could buy each of us a pair of glasses.  Unfortunately, the store was packed, I guess with people getting new glasses for their children before school starts back, so we'll try again next week.  Yes, the glasses are new for him; no, I've worn contacts for YEARS, but I haven't had a new pair of glasses since college.  *Gasp*  :)
What have you enjoyed this week?

No comments: