Monday, August 1, 2016

July Goals: Success!

John and Sarah Beth went deep sea fishing with my several of my family while at the beach.

Since I knew that we would be gone for a week and a half for the family reunion and trip to the beach, I planned my goals accordingly.  I tried to keep them simple and fairly easy to attain.  And I did!  :)
  • Start teaching Sarah Beth to cook.  I taught her how to bake cookies, and then I let her bake a dessert for church with my supervision.  She's having a great time, learning to bake, and I hope I can turn her loose in the kitchen soon!  (I'm thinking homemade cookies that I don't have to make!)
  • Continue walking/jogging on the treadmill four times a week.  I was consistent with this goal except for the week and a half we were gone for the family reunion and the beach.  But we had stairs there to make up for the lack of the treadmill.  Two flights.  :)
  • Plan for CC to start back up in August.  Unfortunately, not enough families decided to return to our campus this year, so I had to make the hard decision not to have one here.  But we are joining a campus about 45 minutes away (which we've done before), so we'll still be doing CC.
  • Go to the pool at least once a week.  I did not take my children to the pool a single time this month.  But I think they got enough time in the water while we were at the beach; they went down to the beach once or twice a day and played in the pool at the house we rented.  
August looks to be fairly busy, too, as Daniel and Sarah Beth start soccer for the first time.  And we also are starting back to school today.  As we get used to having school in the mornings and soccer in the evenings, I want everything else (as much as possible) to be fairly simple.  Here are my goals for August:
  • Start back to school well.
  • Take my children to the pool once a week.  Honestly, I don't know if it's going to happen, but I hope it will.  
  • Continue using the treadmill four times a week.
How did you do in July?  Have you made any goals for August?

No comments: