Monday, August 8, 2016

Book Review: Prince Noah and the School Pirates by Silke Schnee


Once upon a time, a long time ago, children didn't go to schools like they do now; they boarded school ships.  And the ships were segregated:  there was a ship for boys, one for girls, one for children who had only one leg, one for children who couldn't see well, and one more for children who learned more slowly than the rest.  One day, there was a terrible storm which blew the ships off course into pirate waters.  The pirates captured the children and imprisoned them in a tower.  The different children from the different ships had to learn to work together to escape -- and they did.  They discovered that each group of children had their own strengths and things to teach the others.  After this time, all children were taught together on one ship.

I was excited to review this book since I had reviewed the first one about Prince Noah.  I enjoyed this book just as much, as the author showed that, while children are different, each child has his own strengths and worth.

I want to thank Plough Publishing for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: