Friday, August 5, 2016

A Few Things I've Enjoyed this Week: A Six Month Old, Starting Back to School, and Puzzles



It's hard to believe this little cutie is six months old.  Hannah is such a delight and brings so much joy to our family.  Currently, she's learning to blow "raspberries" which is the cutest thing.

This casual shot came out much better than any of the posed ones did.  :)

We also started back to school on Monday.  While my children weren't thrilled, they were good sports about it.  We've had a nice, long summer, filled with fun things, and it's time to get back to work.  Besides, if we start school now, we can take more breaks during the year.  :)


Here are a few other things I've enjoyed this week:
  • John's home!  He was out of town all week, and we missed him terribly.  But he arrived home late last night, and we are so happy!
  • Doing puzzles with Rachel.  We had so much fun putting puzzles together at the beach that I ordered a few more.  They came in this week, and we put three of them together in three days.  Two had 300 pieces, and the other had 500 pieces.  Rachel and I did most of the work, but the other children helped some, too.  We had a great time together!
  • Sleeping later.  With John gone, I wasn't disciplined to get up and exercise.   But I did enjoy the extra sleep!
  • Kicking the soccer ball with Sarah Beth and Daniel.  I played as a child and again in high school, although I wasn't very good.  :)  But I do know enough to teach them a little bit.
  • Having friends over last Friday afternoon.
  • Going out with friends Saturday evening.  John and I (and Hannah, too), met some friends for supper, and we had a great time.  Hannah couldn't have been better!
What did you enjoy this week?  Do you like doing puzzles?  Do you find them a little additive?  I do. :)

No comments: