Friday, July 29, 2016

What I've Enjoyed This Week: Baking Cookies and Golf Camp



Daniel had golf camp this week, so again we've spent a good bit of time in the car taking him and picking him back up.  Fortunately, the golf course is only five minutes away, so our trip is nice and short.  He has had such a good time, telling me every day how much fun camp is.  I'm glad he's enjoying himself!  And it's good for him to be around a bunch of boys.  :)

I took advantage of his being gone one morning and taught Sarah Beth how to bake cookies.  I showed her how to do everything:  cracking eggs, using the mixer, etc.  And I defined terms for her like "softened" butter and "creaming" butter and sugar.  She did great, and she thinks she might be able to do it by herself next time.  I'm not so sure, but I'm willing to let her try!  Maybe next time I have a hankering for some cookies, Sarah Beth can take care of that for me!

Here are a few things I enjoyed this week:
  • Baking cookies with Sarah Beth.  
  • Seeing how excited Daniel was every day about golf camp.
  • Staying caught up on laundry the past two weeks.  Sarah Beth needed to wear the same t-shirt to camp last week, and Daniel wanted to wear the same golf shirt to golf camp this week, so I had to do laundry every night.  While I may not have enjoyed that, I did enjoy keeping on top of it all, and not have tons to do any one day.
  • The last week of summer.  We start back to school next week.  :(
  • Half-priced Sonic Blasts on Wednesday.  Yum!
  • Running errands by myself one morning this week.  Wow!  I can achieve so much in a couple of hours when I don't have my five children with me.  Don't get me wrong:  I love my children, but it is nice to have some time to myself occasionally -- even if it's just running errands.  :)
What did you enjoy this week?

No comments: