Monday, July 18, 2016

A Family Reunion and a Trip to the Beach

The view from the third floor balcony.

We've had an eventful couple of weeks!  We left a week and a half ago on Thursday for a family reunion in Centre, Al., for my father's father's family.  It was wonderful seeing cousins and aunts whom I hadn't seen in years, and also to meet others whom I had never met.

After the reunion, we drove down to Destin, Fl., for a week at the beach with just my immediate family:  my sister and two of her children, my brother and his family, and my parents.  We had so much fun!  There were "maintenance issues" with the house we rented, so we were upgraded to a bigger house on the beach.  It was great to be able to walk down to the beach for a few minutes or to stay as long as we liked.  As you can see, the beach was beautiful.

Hannah and I didn't spend too much time down at the beach, but I still had a good time.  I was able to relax and get some reading done.  John spent a lot of time with our children, and I enjoyed that.  Hannah couldn't have been sweeter, especially in the car.  We were worried about her, but God blessed us with a happy child.

I plan to post more pictures on Friday along with my enjoyment post, but I wanted to let you know where I've been.  I've got a lot of blog reading to catch up on, as well.

What have you done the past two weeks?  :)

No comments: