Friday, June 17, 2016

What I've Enjoyed This Week


After the excitement last week of evacuating our house because it might flood, mostly I've enjoyed being home this week.  :)  Here are a few more things I've enjoyed:
  • Getting back into our routine.
  • My new waffle maker.  After a little convincing, three of my four picky children now LOVE waffles.  
  • A trip to the library.  Yes, we go almost every week, but it's still so much fun!
  • Reading Ten Ways to Destroy the Imagination of Your Child by Anthony Esolen.  Eye-opening!
  • My toy-free living room.  We moved all the toys upstairs to the playroom last week in case we flooded, and they haven't migrated back down yet.  :)
  • Having our flowers beds weeded and mulched and the rose bushes trimmed.  Our house looks very nice now, and I enjoy knowing that we hired a local teenage boy to do the work, encouraging his entrepreneurship.  
What have you enjoyed this week?

No comments: