Wednesday, June 29, 2016

My Two Secrets for Successful Baking


If you know me, you know that I love to bake.  Cakes, cupcakes, muffins, breads, cookies, and even some pies -- I enjoy making them all.  And some people think that I'm pretty good at baking.  :)  I'm not sure that I am (and I'll explain why in a minute), but here are the two secrets for my successful baking:
  1. Find a good recipe.  Starting with a delicious recipe is half the battle to baking something scrumptious.  If you start with something good, you're likely to end with something good.  The converse is true, as well;  if you start with a poor recipe, you're likely to end up with something that no one wants to eat.  :(
  2. Follow the recipe.  If starting with a good recipe is half the battle, the other half is following it exactly.  I figure that the person who developed the recipe tried many different things and finally ended up with this product which works.  If I start tweaking, I'm likely to ruin the recipe since I'm not any good at tweaking.  (Since I'm not good at changing recipes, I don't think I'm a good baker.  Following instructions doesn't require too much creativity.) 
So there you have it!  My two "secrets" for successful baking.  If you follow them, you're likely to have wonderful success, too!

What are your secrets, ones that you're willing to share, for baking?

No comments: