Monday, June 13, 2016

My Goals for June

I love how much my older children love Hannah!

I meant to publish this post last week, but with the possibility of our house flooding, I just didn't get to it.  And since last week was fairly chaotic, I'm not sure yet how much it will impact what I'm able to accomplish this month.  But I'm going to try!  :)

May was a little busy with finishing up school and three days of CC Practicum.  While I did actually set some goals, they weren't too lofty or hard to achieve.  And I did!  Here they are:
  • Exercise on the treadmill four times a week.  Done!  I'm amazed at how much more energy I have now.  :)
  • Make Over Your Mornings.  I finished this course, and it was nice encouragement that what I'm already doing is good and effective.  I didn't learn much, but that's okay. 
  • Finish our school year well.  We did.  We finished well!  I set a goal during April, and we made it.  :)
June looks to be a little slower although we do have a few things planned.  I plan to take advantage of the extra time in the day that I have now since we're done with school to get some things done around the house.  Here are my goals for June:
  • Clean out the children's closets.  Daniel's was a mess since he just dumped everything in his bedside table out into his closet when John moved it for him.  I need to sort through the clothes in the little girls' closet:  putting things in order by size for the next girl who will need them.  And I need to make room in Sarah Beth's closet for some of Hannah's stuff since she will eventually move in there -- and I'm running out of room in my closet where I currently have some of Hannah's things.  :)
  • Sort through the playroom.  What a mess!  We have kitchen toys in the same box with bouncy balls along with race cars.  The kids can't find anything!  I want to dump everything out and sort it all out.  I think it's going to be a very big job.  :)
  • Work on my children's writing three days a week.  Sarah Beth needs practice putting her thoughts down on paper, Daniel needs to get more comfortable writing in cursive, and Rachel is starting to learn cursive.
  • Go to the pool at least once a week.  Hannah makes things a little more difficult, but my children need this time in the water to get comfortable swimming.  Besides, it's fun!
  • Start teaching Sarah Beth to cook.  She's ready and interested; I just need to make the time to teach her how to read a recipe, how to measure things accurately, and how to crack eggs.  :)
  • I also want to continue exercising four times a week.  I'm working up to run a 5K although I don't really have one in mind.
With the month half over already, I've already done some work on some of my goals which is wonderful!  I hope to get the rest finished.

What are your goals for the month?  How are you doing with them?

No comments: