Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Five Ways to Read More Books


If you've read my blog for even a short time, you know that I love LOVE to read.  Have you ever wondered how you can find more time to read?  Here are a few tips for doing just that:
  1. Read for a few minutes before bed.  While I don't have any research to support this, I find that reading for a few minutes helps me fall asleep more quickly.  And usually the house is quiet (or should be), so there aren't any distractions.
  2. Read a "good" book after reading your Bible.  I define a "good" book as one that is edifying, one that isn't just for fun.  These books are non-fiction, usually Christian self-help or theology.  When I finish reading my Bible, I pull out one of these and read for a few more minutes.  Usually, my children are still in bed, so I have a few minutes, and I get some quality reading done.
  3. Exercise.  What?  How does exercising help with reading?  I read on my kindle while I walk/jog on my treadmill, and I get a lot of reading done this way.  I try to have an engaging novel to read at this time in order to keep me going.  :)  You can also listen to books while exercising when you can't read.
  4. Have "quiet time" for your children.  I send my children upstairs several afternoons a week because I need a little time to myself.  This time is great for reading!
  5. When you find a few minutes, read.  I get a LOT of reading done during the few minutes here and there that I find during the day.  Even if it's just five minutes, that's a page or two read!
How do you find time to read?

No comments: