If you've read my blog for even a short time, you know that I
- Read for a few minutes before bed. While I don't have any research to support this, I find that reading for a few minutes helps me fall asleep more quickly. And usually the house is quiet (or should be), so there aren't any distractions.
- Read a "good" book after reading your Bible. I define a "good" book as one that is edifying, one that isn't just for fun. These books are non-fiction, usually Christian self-help or theology. When I finish reading my Bible, I pull out one of these and read for a few more minutes. Usually, my children are still in bed, so I have a few minutes, and I get some quality reading done.
- Exercise. What? How does exercising help with reading? I read on my kindle while I walk/jog on my treadmill, and I get a lot of reading done this way. I try to have an engaging novel to read at this time in order to keep me going. :) You can also listen to books while exercising when you can't read.
- Have "quiet time" for your children. I send my children upstairs several afternoons a week because I need a little time to myself. This time is great for reading!
- When you find a few minutes, read. I get a LOT of reading done during the few minutes here and there that I find during the day. Even if it's just five minutes, that's a page or two read!
How do you find time to read?