Friday, May 27, 2016

What I Enjoyed This Week

I always enjoy this cutie's smile!

Whew!  This week has been busy!  My children and I spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at a Classical Conversations Practicum which was 45 minutes away.  Practicum is for parents whose children are in CC or who are interested in CC.  The tutors receive their training there, and that is how CC is able to keep its standards so high.

Anyway, I attended my required training while my oldest four children attended camp.  They had a great time learning, not just playing, which I really appreciate.  I kept Hannah with me, and that made things a little difficult since she just really wanted her bed to sleep in.  :(  Both of us were exhausted when we arrived home every evening.  :)

Then yesterday was Sarah Beth's birthday.  John took the day off, and he took her and Daniel shooting and swimming (at different times).  Sarah Beth wanted to shop at Hobby Lobby for her birthday, and she wanted John to take her, so they disappeared after supper for  a while.

Here are a few more things I enjoyed this week:
  • Spending time with some of my CC friends whom I hadn't seen in a while.
  • Seeing women whom I hadn't seen since last year's practicum.  While we may not remember each others' names, we do remember each other.  It was fun catching up with them again.
  • Several women offered to help with Hannah, women I had never met or even seen before this practicum.  It was wonderfully refreshing!  Honestly, it felt like what church is supposed to be: a supportive family.  Our presenter even held Hannah for an hour while lecturing!  :)
  • Meeting new friends at practicum.  Sarah Beth made a new friend, and we discovered that they live fairly close.  We plan to have them over soon.
  • Being home!  My household chores were neglected while we were at practicum, so it was nice to be able to stay home yesterday and start getting caught up.
  • Having John home yesterday and seeing him do things with our children.
  • Rolo Fudge Brownies.  Sarah Beth didn't want a cake for her birthday; she wanted this dessert. Yum!
What did you enjoy this week?

No comments: