Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Book Review: Let There Be Light by Mark Leonard


In Let There Be Light by Mark Leonard, Bill, an atheist scientist, makes a time machine and travels back in time to see how the world began.  Since his plane is powered by the sun, it ceases to work when he encounters the Flood, and he gets trapped in time before the Flood happens.

I was intrigued by this book because I thought it would be very interesting to travel back in time to see the world before the Flood or right after it.  But I was disappointed.  The story was okay, and the writing was adequate, but this book almost felt like someone wrote it who didn't really believe that the Flood happened and/or hadn't done adequate research.

First of all, the author used the outdated theory of a water canopy above the atmosphere as to where the rain came from for the Flood.  (Here are Answers in Genesis' thoughts about this canopy.)  He also used a comet to burst this canopy causing the rain, and it felt like the Flood didn't need God at all to happen.  Finally, the author made the people before the Flood to be unintelligent.  However, most people who believe that God created the world agree that people were smarter then than we are now.

With all of that said, I did enjoy this book, especially its premise.  It's a fun adventure story, told from a creationist point of view which was refreshing.

I want to thank BookLook Bloggers for my kindle copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: