Friday, April 8, 2016

Book Review: Miriam by Mesu Andrews


Miriam by Mesu Andrews tells the story of Israel's deliverance from Egypt beginning shortly before Moses returns from his sojourn in Midian until the Egyptian army is destroyed at the Red Sea.  While this book does tell the story a good bit from Miriam's point of view, we also get more of it from Eleazar, her nephew, and his wife Taliah.  Learning what it might have been like to experience the plagues God sent was amazing.  And I hadn't thought about the fact that Miriam and Aaron would have been old, too, when they left Egypt since they were older than Moses.  Andrews did a wonderful job retelling this story, being as faithful as she could to the Biblical account.

One of the things I enjoy most about reviewing books is the chance to read new authors.  Since I absolutely loved this book, I will be looking for more by this author.  I really appreciate it when authors tell Biblical stories, making them come alive while remaining true to what the Bible says.

I want to thank Blogging for Books for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: