Monday, March 7, 2016

Book Review: Spark Joy by Marie Kondo


Spark Joy, the follow-up book to Marie Kondo's The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, takes the reader from decluttering her house to organizing it in a way that "sparks joy."  This book is full of tips and advice on how best to store one's belongings for maximum joy and efficiency.

I really enjoyed this book; part of the enjoyment comes from the way that Kondo writes -- in an engaging, fun way.  Also, I found many of the tips and advice to be helpful.  One caveat is the author's Eastern way of thinking:  she recommends thanking objects before discarding them and other things like that.  But once the reader gets past that, the book can help bring order to one's home.  If you're looking for something to help get your house in order, this book can help.

I want to thank Blogging for Books for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: