Monday, March 21, 2016

Book Review: An Insider's Guide to Praying for the World by Brian C. Stiller


In order to write An Insider's Guide to Praying for the World, the author apparently travelled all over the world, talking with locals and learning what it is like to live in their countries.  Then he used that information to write this book for those of us who haven't travelled the world, so that we can know how to pray for the people who live in these countries.

Each short chapter starts with Stiller's meeting with local people which helps the reader to get a real feel for the places he visited.  The chapters are only a couple of pages long, short enough to be added to a daily quiet time in order to assist in praying for the world.  That's how I would use it anyway.  I think this book could be a tremendous help for anyone wanting to pray for persecuted peoples but not knowing where and how to begin.

I want to thank Bethany House for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: