Monday, February 8, 2016

Meet Hannah Grace!


Hannah Grace arrived Thursday afternoon about 4:15.  She was 7 pounds, 4 ounces, and 19 inches long.

We are all excited to have her here with us.  It's been fun to watch our other children's reactions to her.  As soon as we walked in the door, Daniel asked where the baby was, and then he said that he was so excited because he got to meet her in real life!  At supper that night, Rachel asked me how I was feeling and whether I had slept well the night before.  (No, I hadn't; does anyone in the hospital sleep well?)  Mary and Rachel love to sit next to me and pet Hannah's head, just gazing at her.  And Sarah Beth is being as helpful as she can, and as a nine year old, she can be pretty helpful!

I'm not going to share Hannah's birth story like I did with our previous babies.  All I'm going to say is that labor was agonizingly slow (for me), followed by a terrifyingly fast delivery (even for me).  I'm glad it's over!  The important thing is that both Hannah and I are doing great.  John is home this week, and he has been a huge help with her especially in the middle of the night and early morning.  My mother is coming next week when John goes back to work, and we look forward to introducing Hannah to her.

No comments: