Saturday, February 20, 2016

Book Review: The Legend of the Easter Robin by Dandi Daley Macall


In this cute story, a little girl finds a robin's nest outside a window at her grandmother's house.  She thinks it's too early for robins to nest and is worried about the eggs they laid.  Her grandmother tells her to wait and see, that God has provided for the robins to keep their eggs warm.  Along the way, the grandmother tells the little girl the legend of how robins received their red breasts:  by pulling a thorn out of Jesus' brow on His way to the cross.

I enjoyed this sweet story about a little girl and her grandmother.  I especially appreciated how the grandmother keeps reminding the girl that God will take care of the robins because He created them.  While the legend isn't true, of course, it's a nice addition to this book.

I want to thank BookLook Bloggers for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: