Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Goals for January -- Mostly Related to the Baby


Since I found out that I was pregnant, my vision seems to have become focused, almost like tunnel vision.  First, all I could think about was getting out of the first trimester with its nausea and exhaustion.  Then my focus was on CC and getting through the semester -- not that it was a chore; we enjoyed every minute.  Next the holidays were all I could think about.  Now, finally, it's time to focus on the baby.  And I feel like I've got tunnel vision about her and getting things ready for her.  Don't ask me about plans for the spring or summer, much less fall or next winter.  I can't even think about those things.  :)

It's the time of year for setting goals, and I want to -- but, as I just said, I can't think beyond the baby's arrival.  All I could come up with is copying my goals from last year, and I knew that most of them would not get met for several months while I dealt with a new baby.

Then I read Tracey's post about her goals for the year and found my solution:  I'll just make goals for each month.  What a great idea!  So here are my goals for January, most of which have to do with the baby (surprise!  surprise!):
  • Wash the baby's clothes and put them away.
  • Buy the last minute things that I still need for her.
  • Make at least two meals for the freezer each week.  I actually made four meals last week:  two casseroles split in half.  Whoohoo!  
  • Set up the bassinet, swing, etc., and get them ready for her arrival.  I plan to do this the last week of January.
  • Figure out a good time to read a chapter book to my children.
  • Review her Essentials work with Sarah Beth to get her prepared for starting back with CC at the end of the month.  Along with the rest of school, of course!
  • Go through Kathi Lipp's Clutter Free Academy.  Since I didn't finish using the KonMari challenge, I thought this might help, and so far I've gotten rid of over 150 things in two days.  Not bad!
There are my goals for this month.  Do you make New Year's goals or monthly goals?  Have you ever had tunnel vision like this before?  I certainly haven't.  

No comments: