Friday, January 15, 2016

Finished Object Friday: Another Table Runner



Our local pregnancy help center is having their annual banquet and silent auction later this month.  I wanted to do something to help them raise money, and John suggested crocheting a table runner which I started last spring but just finished last week.  (I took over six months off because of morning sickness and to make blankets for friends having babies.)

Do these pictures look familiar?  I made this table runner a few years ago, and I made another one just like it for the silent auction.  These pictures are actually the ones I took of mine several years ago; I was too lazy to clean off the dining room table to take pictures of the new one.  :)  It's exactly the same except that it's not quite as long.

I don't know how much money the pregnancy center will raise from this table runner, but even if it's only $50, that's more than they would have had otherwise.  Looking at etsy was a little disheartening because similar table runners are selling for only $100.  I wouldn't make one of these for that little amount of money!  It took too much time!

I want to encourage you to think outside the box when supporting organizations.  Sometimes, we think we can only give money, but God wants us to use our time and talents to help others.  Is there something you can do (besides give money) to help an organization that you support?

No comments: