Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Book Review: Beyond the Silence by Tracie Peterson and Kimberley Woodhouse


When Lillian moves to become Jimmy's nanny after his mother dies, she doesn't know what God has in store for her.  As soon as she arrives in town, she discovers that most of the town thinks that Jimmy's father Woody murdered his wife and that Lillian will be next.  As she gets to know Woody better, Lillian realizes there is no way he could have committed this crime.  Meanwhile, the killer is still out there, skulking around.

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would.  What I enjoyed the most about this book is the characters' faith; they are already strong Christians who constantly pray, asking for God's guidance in difficult decisions.  Of course, Woody and Lillian fall in love; isn't that expected in this kind of book?  But the romance is sweet, genuine, and refreshingly platonic.  I also enjoyed how the authors treated Harry who is a boy trapped in a man's body.  Most books leave this type of person out.

I want to thank Bethany House for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: