Saturday, John replaced the ceiling fan in our living room. As you can see, the ceiling in our living room is about twenty feet tall, and John chose to build a scaffold instead of using a ladder. The old fan didn't work properly; it was either off or on high speed. And it was noisy. We'd been putting off getting a new fan because of the logistics of a high ceiling, but we figured this was as good a time as any, especially with summer just around the corner.
This week, I'm thankful for:
- God's provision in keeping John safe as he wrestled with the scaffold which was actually much harder (it seemed to me) than replacing the fan
- a new fan that works!
- cooler weather, not that it's been hot yet
- fresh baked chocolate chip cookies
- a fun time last Thursday with friends at the museum
- bright, sunny days after so many cloudy ones
- a quiet week at home
- leftovers for supper!
For what are you thankful this week?