Friday, December 11, 2015

Book Review: Delighting in God by A.W. Tower


In Delighting in God by A.W.  Tozer, the author states, "That, then, is the purpose of this book:  to be faithful to point out that the evangelical church today has some serious spiritual problems, the primary one being a loss of the perception of God that has been its hallmark since its inception."  Each chapter deals with a different perception we have:  about God, about the church, about His grace, about how our perception of God determines everything.  Tozer critiques each of our perceptions and shows what those perceptions should be.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, limiting myself to only one chapter a day because I wanted to absorb the spiritual truths in each chapter before moving on.  At times, Tozer gets very critical of the modern church in its worship, understanding, and knowledge, but it is well-deserved criticism.  I wish more people in our churches would read this book or one like it.  I think it would cause our knowledge of God to increase along with our understanding of our relationship with Him.

I want to thank Bethany House for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: