Friday, November 20, 2015

Finished Object Friday and an Update


I made both of these baby blankets for friends who are also having babies.  Since both of them are due before I am, I had plans to make blankets for them before I discovered that I was pregnant. I must admit that I'm happy to be done with these two blankets so that I can work on one for my baby.  :)  The pattern for the first one, the yellow one, came from Knit Baby Blankets.  The second one came from Afghan Medleys to Knit, and it's not actually a baby blanket pattern.  :)  My mother suggested taking the pattern for a scarf and making it bigger, and it came out lovely, don't you think?

As for me, I am doing well.  I feel pretty good most of the time, although I am easily tired.  I guess that's what happens when you get pregnant at my age.  ;)  Things are keeping me busier than I have been, and most of it has been good.  School takes longer this year with three children to teach, and Sarah Beth has more work to do because of her CC Essentials class.  With Mary not napping -- most of the time, we take advantage of the free afternoons to get together with friends at the park or even just to run extra errands.  And my almost daily nap takes time, too.  :)

On top of all of that, I realized last month that we don't have room for the new baby's paraphernalia, and we should because we have a nice, big house.  I was inspired by Marie Kondo's book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, and I've been going through my closet and the library, sorting through things.  Both rooms look so much better!  If you're thinking that I shouldn't be doing this right now, well, maybe you're right.  But I actually enjoy it, and I'm doing it in small windows of time so I don't wear myself out too much -- and neglect the rest of my life.  

With all of that, I barely have any time to get on the computer some days, but that's okay.  I try to keep up with my blog reading even though I'm not writing much.  I hope that things slow down -- but I really don't think they will.  I'd better get used to this level of busy-ness!

No comments: