Monday, November 30, 2015

Book Review: 9 Thoughts that Can Change Your Marriage by Sheila Wray Gregoire


In 9 Thoughts that Can Change Your Marriage, Sheila Wray Gregoire tackles several -- nine, to be exact -- misconceptions that we Christians bring into marriage.  She refutes them practically and biblically in a winsome way.

I've read several marriage books recently, and they were all filled with practical, godly wisdom.  But they were all written by men, and I didn't even realize what they were lacking until I read this book by Gregoire.  Certainly, there is nothing wrong with books by men, but reading this book was like having tea with a friend who understands what I think and how I feel.  I especially enjoyed it when I would read something and think, "You mean, I'm not the only one?"

Each chapter contains several suggestions that can help to improve your marriage, if of course, you follow them.  I appreciated the listing of these suggestions at the end of each chapter for an easy reference later on instead of having to search through every chapter.

Even if you have a great marriage, I'm willing to bet that you could improve it even a little bit by reading this book.

I want to thank Blogging for Books for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: