Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Book Reviews: Two Children's Books


With Princess Charity Sticker and Activity Book,  the title explains exactly what this book contains.  There are different puzzles and games on each page along with two full pages of stickers.  There is, also, a short, sweet story about Charity and her pony.

As soon as I handed this book to my younger two daughters (three and five), they loved this book.  The younger one enjoyed the coloring and stickers.  The older one was able to do most of the games, although she wasn't ready for the word search since she's not reading yet.  (My oldest daughter, who is nine, loves word searches, so she did it.)  I especially appreciated that this activity book is Christian-based, teaching girls character qualities.


The Rainbow Egg by Linda Hendricks tells the story of Hope, a chicken who lives in the woods and doesn't have a nest.  When she lays an egg, she has to carry it around with her which gets very tiring. One day, she find a henhouse and discovers a pair of chickens who have been trying to lay an egg in their nest but haven't been able to.  Hope decides to give her egg away to the Rainbows because she knows they can give her egg (and future chick) a better home than she can.

This story seems like a neat way to talk to children about adoption, explaining it in terms that they can understand.  It explains why a woman might give up her child and why another family would adopt him.

I want to thank BookLook Bloggers for my review copies of these books, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: