Monday, August 10, 2015

Book Review: the Prince Who was Just Himself by Silke Schnee


When the queen decides that she wants another child, the king isn't so sure.  But as he spends time with his two sons, he decides that children are a blessing and that he agrees with his wife.  When the third son is born, everyone notices that he is not like the other two.  He moves at a slower pace, as if he intends to enjoy life instead of racing through it.  But when the evil Scarface shows up, Prince Noah is the one who rescues the kingdom through his kindness.

This sweet story about a child with Down's syndrome pulled at my heart strings.  Everyone I know with a child with Down's Syndrome says what a blessing their child is, a blessing they would never wish away.  I think this book does a great job showing how special these children are, even though they are a little different.

I want to thank Plough Publishing for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: