Wednesday, July 8, 2015

June Review of Goals


This month has been an eventful one!  I started my training for Classical Conversations, and I hosted my first Information Meeting which actually wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be.  We've got two or three new families which is exciting!  Then we took Rachel for her appointment with her pediatric rheumatologist, and we received excellent news:  we never have to go back!!!  I also haven't been feeling well, so I haven't done so well with my goals.  I'm not upset or concerned because there is plenty of time for goals when I am feeling better.  ;)

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I didn't read anything off my list in June, but I did read several good books.
  • Walk on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  Like I mentioned above, I haven't been feeling well, so I let this go.
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Fail.
Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  We've been busy with other things and just didn't make this one happen.
  • Have one fun day in school a month.  I meant to celebrate Flag Day, but it just slipped by me.
  • Take my children on one field trip a month.  We didn't even make it to the planetarium.
  • Teach my children to do more around the house.  Working on this!
  • Read a book about motherhood.  Not yet.
  • Read a chapter book with my children.  We listened to several on the way to my CC training.
Goals as a Wife:
  • Schedule monthly date nights for John and me.   This didn't happen, either.
  • Read a book about being a godly wife.  I've read one so far this year.
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  We have fallen off the bandwagon, so to speak, and need to get back on.
  • Continue our family devotional time.  We have done great with this goal this month!
How are you doing with your yearly goals?

No comments: