Friday, July 17, 2015

Book Review: Your Sacred Yes by Susie Larson


In Your Sacred Yes:  Trading Life-Draining Obligations for Freedom, Passion, and Joy, Susie Larson shows how to take advantage of God's gift of rest while evaluating the obligations we choose to see if they are God's best for us.  Sometimes we think being busy, busy, and getting as much done as we possibly can is the best thing to do.  But Larson shows that that is not how God wants us to live.  He wants us to choose the best things that He has to offer and to take time to rest so that we can be more productive at what He has called us to do.

I enjoyed this book as it does encourage us to slow down and rest, to choose the best things instead of things that are just "good."  While I don't have the problem right now with over-scheduling myself, I do see this as a problem and this book could help many women to slow down and actually get more done while getting the rest their Heavenly Father knows they need.

I want to thank Bethany House for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: