Sunday, June 21, 2015

Monday's Quote: What is the Best Way to Spend Your Time?


I started reading Your Sacred Yes:  Trading Life-Draining Obligation for Freedom, Passion, and Joy by Susie Larson last week, and I've been enjoying it.  It's helping me think about the choices I make, whether they are things that I want to do, or whether they are things that I feel God wants me to do.
When we--without thinking too much about it--give away our time to things un-appointed by God, we will not have the grace to sustain them.  Consequently, we put ourselves at risk of the enemy's schemes.  We may forge ahead with energy and enthusiasm, but, under our own strength, we're not strong enough to keep our own footing.  Especially when we live out from under God's best will for us.  (p.21)
When we try to do things that God has not chosen for us to do, we don't necessarily have the energy that we need to do them.  And we rob those things that He has appointed for us to do.  For example, if I choose to volunteer at the pregnancy center, but it means neglecting my children and husband, I have chosen something good, but not the best.  God can find someone else to help out at the center, but only I can take care of my family.

Do you evaluate your choices in light of what God would have you do?  I think it's something that we should routinely do.  What do you think?

No comments: