Wednesday, June 3, 2015

May Review of Goals

Once again, I did okay on my goals.  I certainly could do worse...but I also could do much better.  Oh, well!  I'll just keep plugging away!

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I did not read anything from my "to read" list, but I did read several other books.
  • Walk on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  Other than the week we visited my family in Georgia, I did well with this.
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Fail.
Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  My children and I spent some time with friends while we were in Georgia.
  • Have one fun day in school a month.  Nope.
  • Take my children on one field trip a month.  Does taking Sarah Beth and Rachel to see Rogers' and Hammerstein's Cinderella count?  ;)
  • Teach my children to do more around the house.  Working on this!
  • Read a book about motherhood.  Not yet.
  • Read a chapter book with my children.  This goal fell by the wayside during May, but with summer reading starting (and school ending), we should get back into this.
Goals as a Wife:
  • Schedule monthly date nights for John and me.   We went out with friends one evening.
  • Read a book about being a godly wife.  I read A Lifelong Love by Gary Thomas.
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  We have fallen off the bandwagon, so to speak, and need to get back on.
  • Continue our family devotional time.  While we didn't do this in May, I'm excited that we started back this week!
How are you doing with your yearly goals?

No comments: