Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thankful Thursday: A Visit to Georgia


Last week, we took a trip to Georgia to see my family.  It was wonderful to spend time with my parents, my sister, both of my brothers, and their families.  On the way, we met a good friend and were able to spend some time with her which was really nice, too.  And I was even able to visit with other good friends while at my parents' house.  All in all, it was a great trip.  Here are a few things for which I'm thankful this week:

  • a sweet husband who made the trip possible
  • traveling mercies:  we didn't have any trouble other than traffic which is such a blessing.
  • our children ride well in the car...even for two days straight
  • catching up with family, especially my niece who heads off to college next year
  • incredible fellowship with friends; we didn't just stick to easy topics
  • quick visits with John's mother (going and coming!)
  • seeing John's brother briefly
  • having John with us for such a long time:  he had Monday off for Memorial Day and took Tuesday off for Sarah Beth's birthday
  • a nine year old!
  • getting back into our routine:  I think we were all glad to get back to "normal" yesterday after all of the fun and excitement of the past (almost) two weeks
For what are you thankful this week?

No comments: