My birthday was Tuesday, and it was a big one, as far as birthdays go. John had to work, but I had a quiet day at home with my children. As I told one of my friends, we did a lot of nothing...which was nice for a change. We read some books, played some video games, and watched a movie, and we did not do school. ;) Nothing great or wonderful, but it was a nice, quiet day at home. And it was lovely.
Along with my getting another year older, I am thankful this week that:
- John is feeling better; he hasn't been feeling well lately
- silly children who were as excited about my birthday as I was
- a new recipe for my birthday cake turned out wonderfully. (I'll share it tomorrow.)
- we had a couple of days of sun this week, even though they predicted rain for every single day
- that CC is over although it's bittersweet since we love CC and seeing our friends
- our end of the year CC party is happening today despite a change of venue because of the predicted rain
- an upcoming supper with a friend, just the two of us, withOUT any children!
- our chicks are getting big enough to go outside, so we can get rid of the box in the barn
Mostly, I am grateful for God's gracious provision through the past year, and I look forward to seeing what He has in store for my next year.
For what are you thankful this week?