Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thankful Thursday: Another Year, Another Week


My birthday was Tuesday, and it was a big one, as far as birthdays go.  John had to work, but I had a quiet day at home with my children.  As I told one of my friends, we did a lot of nothing...which was nice for a change.  We read some books, played some video games, and watched a movie, and we did not do school.  ;)  Nothing great or wonderful, but it was a nice, quiet day at home.  And it was lovely.

Along with my getting another year older, I am thankful this week that:
  • John is feeling better; he hasn't been feeling well lately
  • silly children who were as excited about my birthday as I was
  • a new recipe for my birthday cake turned out wonderfully.  (I'll share it tomorrow.)
  • we had a couple of days of sun this week, even though they predicted rain for every single day
  • that CC is over although it's bittersweet since we love CC and seeing our friends
  • our end of the year CC party is happening today despite a change of venue because of the predicted rain
  • an upcoming supper with a friend, just the two of us, withOUT any children!
  • our chicks are getting big enough to go outside, so we can get rid of the box in the barn
Mostly, I am grateful for God's gracious provision through the past year, and I look forward to seeing what He has in store for my next year.

For what are you thankful this week?

No comments: