Friday, April 17, 2015

Recipes: Two Amazingly Good Chocolate Ones


I tried a couple of new recipes this week, and I wanted to share both of them with you because they are amazingly good!  But I do not recommend making them in the same week (like I did) for the sake of your waistline and your tummy because both are very rich.

At the church we attend, there is a potluck lunch every Sunday.  Since I enjoy baking, I usually bring some kind of dessert.  This week I tried Rolo Fudge Brownies.  I don't remember who brought this recipe to my attention, and I wish I did so I could thank them properly.  This recipe is definitely a keeper.  I mean, Rolos and a brownie, caramel sauce and fudge -- what's not to love?  ;)

Mine isn't nearly as photogenic, but it sure was scrumptious!

I had a hankering for a chocolate mousse cake for my birthday, but all of the recipes I found online were too complicated, that is until I found this one.  While Chocolate Mousse Cake may not technically be a cake, it sure is good.  It's really not too hard to make, and I may want this every year for my birthday.

Yes, I've made my own birthday cakes for several years now.  I just can't justify paying a grocery store to make one; it's too expensive for cake that's not that good.  I can make exactly what I want for a lot less money...so I do.  Sarah Beth has offered to make my cakes for me once she learns how.  Maybe that should be my goal for this year.  ;)

Have you tried an "amazingly good" recipe lately?  Do you make your own birthday cake?  Or am I just strange like that?

No comments: