Thursday, April 2, 2015

March Review of Goals


March was a busy month for us.  I hope things calm down a little bit in April which they should.  My parents came for a week-long visit, and it was wonderful to spend that time with them.  Then we went   camping one weekend.  We all had dentist appointments, too, which take up time.  But it was a good month, an enjoyable one...other than the dentist appointments.

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I didn't finish any books from my "to read" list, but I did read several other good books.
  • Walk on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  I took the week off while my parents were here because they were in the little girls' room, so the little girls were in the playroom where my treadmill is.  And honestly, it was nice sleeping in an extra half hour.  ;)
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Fail.
Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  We visited some friends one day for lunch and some playtime.  
  • Have one fun day in school a month.  Fail.  I'm not doing so well with this goal this year.
  • Take my children on one field trip a month.  We went camping.  Does that count?  Definitely!
  • Teach my children to do more around the house.  I'm still working on this one.
  • Read a book about motherhood.  I haven't done this one yet.
  • Read a chapter book with my children.  We started Swiss Family Robinson but put it aside for Rasmus and the Vagabond which I will review tomorrow.
Goals as a Wife:
  • Schedule monthly date nights for John and me.   Fail.
  • Read a book about being a godly wife.  I haven't done this yet.  
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  Does having my parents for a week count?  We seriously need to get back to this!
  • Continue our family devotional time.  Fail.
How are you doing on your goals for the year?

No comments: