Friday, April 3, 2015

Book Review: Rasmus and the Vagabond


When Rasmus runs away from the orphanage, Oscar finds him, and they become a team, a team of tramps.  What Rasmus really wants, however, is a home, and they both know that he is only biding his time until he finds a family who wants him.  Along the way, they have an adventure with thieves, and then, finally Rasmus finds a home.  But is it really what he wants?  Will he stay?  Or will he keep wandering with Oscar?

I was so excited when I saw this book by Astrid Lindgren on my list!  I have such fond memories of reading Pippi Longstocking when I was a little girl that I knew that my children and I would love this book, too.  And we did.  Such a simple story with a lot of good, clean fun, we all enjoyed it, laughing out loud many times.  And I must admit that I was surprised by the ending, but it was a pleasant surprise.  I'm so glad that Plough Publishing has re-released this book!  My oldest daughter already wants to reread it!

I want to thank Plough Publishing for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: