Monday, April 6, 2015

Book Review: The Berenstain Bears: God Bless Our Country


In this new book from Mike Berenstain, the cubs ask questions about our country's "birthday,"  the Fourth of July.  Mama and Papa tell them how and why our country was formed and how God has blessed it.  As the children hear this information, their pride in their country grows.

This book is different from the last few Berenstain books I've reviewed; instead of dealing with a moral situation, this book tackles history.  It's a nice introduction to how our country was founded and why, although it is pretty basic.  Parents can use it to help instill a pride for our country in their children and explain why we celebrate Independence Day, two things which are important for us as Americans.

I want to thank BookLook Bloggers for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: