Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April Review of Goals



I feel like I did fairly well this month with my goals.  We haven't been too busy which has really helped!  We've been enjoying the nice weather quite a bit, too.

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I didn't read a single book off my list!  Oh, no!
  • Walk on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  I may have taken one day off, but other than that, I accomplished this goal!
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Success!
Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  We visited the Houston Museum of Natural Science with friends.
  • Have one fun day in school a month.  You know, this goal just hasn't been a priority this year.
  • Take my children on one field trip a month.  See above.
  • Teach my children to do more around the house.  I'm still working on this one.
  • Read a book about motherhood.  I haven't gotten to this yet.
  • Read a chapter book with my children.  We working our way through Swiss Family Robinson, and it's a much longer book than I realized.
Goals as a Wife:
  • Schedule monthly date nights for John and me.   We were supposed to go out with friends one night, but John wasn't feeling well.
  • Read a book about being a godly wife.  I'm doing that right now, although it's not the one from my list.
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  Oops!
  • Continue our family devotional time.  Fail.
How are you doing with your yearly goals?

No comments: