Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thankful Thursday: A Wonderful Visit and Cavities

Watching videos on the phone.

My parents came for a visit last Tuesday and stayed through Tuesday of this week.  We had a great time visiting with them.  Now I'm trying to get caught back up with my blog writing and reading along with other things like school that were neglected while they were here.  Here are a few things for which I'm thankful:
  • a wonderful visit with my parents!
  • they enjoy my children so much
  • John was able to come home early Friday and play some golf with my father
  • John and Dad played in a tournament Saturday and had fun...
  • and the icing on the cake was that they won a little money!
  • while the weather started out cold and rainy, it was sunny and warm for the rest of the week
I have to admit that I am not thankful for my cavities, even though I know that I should be thankful in all things.  Last week, I had a dentist appointment, and I'm going in today to have my cavities filled.  However, I am thankful that:
  • my dentist found my cavities before they started bothering me
  • one of our babysitters was able to come during the week so I could get my cavities "fixed"
  • I haven't had a cavity since I was seven

While my parents were here, I got some more chicks!  Sarah Beth sells some of our surplus eggs, and Daniel wanted in, so we got him some chicks.  We got four Easter Eggers this time so we'll have plenty of blue eggs.

For what are you thankful this week?


No comments: