Wednesday, March 4, 2015

February Review of Goals


We did a few fun things this month.  John took the older two girls to a Father/Daughter Dance on Valentine's Day.  Daniel celebrated his seventh birthday, and John and I celebrated our fourteenth anniversary. And the Bear Fairy visited!  That was something special, since we thought the Bear Fairy only came once per child.  Amidst all of that fun, I did fairly well with my goals.

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I'm in the middle of one of the books from my list, and I read several others last month.
  • Walk on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  Check!
  • Write one letter or note a month.  I wrote two to make up for not writing one last month.

Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  We had friends over twice this month.
  • Have one fun day in school a month.  It didn't happen; I wasn't inspired by February's holidays.
  • Take my children on one field trip a month.  Nope.
  • Teach my children to do more around the house.  They've been helping me do all kinds of chores.
  • Read a book about motherhood.  Not yet.
  • Read a chapter book with my children each month.  We read The Story of Dr. Doolittle, and while I had to force Sarah Beth to listen at the beginning (because she wanted to read it by herself), soon she was begging me to read just one more chapter with the others.
  • Do one service project with my children each month.  I just forgot.
Goals as a Wife:
  • Schedule monthly date nights for John and me.  Our anniversary is in February, and we went shooting one evening.
  • Read a book about being a godly wife.  Not yet.
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  We just didn't seem to have the time this month, but we need to get back into this.
  • Continue our family devotional time.  Fail.
How are you doing with your goals for the year?

No comments: