Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Book Review: God Made You Special by Mike Berenstain



When the Bear family has another family over for a cookout, Sister notices that their cousin is a little different.  He doesn't do things quite the way the rest of the cubs do, but he is very sweet and friendly.  Sister asks her mother about Tommy and discovers that God made Tommy, along with every one else, special, and maybe part of Tommy's purpose is to share the "special joy" that God gave him.

Since Mike Berenstain took over the reins of this series of books, they have gotten even better.  Instead of just a moral tale, the books are infused with Christian principles which I enjoy sharing with my children.  This book teaches children to be kind to others who aren't quite like them and to appreciate them for their God-given gifts which may be as simple as a contagious happiness.  I especially liked how the author shows how Tommy has special gifts, even though he is a little different.  Here is another great addition to our family library!

I want to thank BookLook Bloggers for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: