Saturday, March 7, 2015

Book Review: Deadly Echoes by Nancy Mehl


When Sarah's sister is murdered in a way eerily similar to their parents' murder twenty years before, the police refuse to see the connection.  Sarah is left to investigate with the help of a local deputy.  Meanwhile, Sarah takes in her sister's daughter and has to figure out how to help her deal with her mother's murder while also having to figure out how to be a mother to her.  Through it all, Sarah learns to trust God in the good times and the bad, as she discovers how God has used the hard times in her life to help those around her.

I enjoyed this book, especially the parts where Sarah interacts with her niece who is hurting so much from the loss of her mother.  Also, I appreciated how Sarah learned to appreciate the dark times she had lived through because God does use those to draw us closer to Him and to help others.  And the romance between Sarah and Paul, the deputy who assists her in the investigation, is sweet and not at all inappropriate.  Oh, and I really liked how Mike redeemed himself in the end, but I'm not going to say anything else about it because it would spoil it for you.

I want to thank Bethany House for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: