Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thankful Thursday: A Wonderful Time at a Retreat


This past weekend, I had an amazing time at the Homeschool Moms' Winter Summit.  Since everyone there was a homeschooling mother, we all understood the typical problems and challenges that we face...and were able to offer applicable encouragement.  There were plenty of times to interact with the women around you, and since we tended to sit at the same tables the whole time (although we didn't have to), we got to know people.  Many veteran homeschooling mothers, mothers who have already graduated some or all of their children, were there, and it was a great time to pick their brains.  I went with a friend this year, so I had an even better time than last year, especially since I knew what to expect.  I really enjoyed spending time with her since we don't see each other very often, and it was nice getting to know her better.  While John doesn't mind my going and he's awfully glad when I return home, I know that he's also happy I've gone.  The biggest thing that I've brought home both years has been encouragement to be a better wife.  With all of that said, if you live in Texas and homeschool your children, put it down on your calendar for next year:  February 5th and 6th.  You need to go!


There are quite a few other things for which I am thankful this week:
  • the beautiful weather we had earlier this week; we enjoyed spending a good bit of time outside, even at the expense of our schoolwork ;)  We'll make it up on the ugly days.  :(  
  • the retreat, of course!
  • John holding down the fort so I could go, and I came home to a clean, neat house!!
  • John letting me go
  • story time for homeschoolers at our library
  • friends
  • free books!  Someone contacted me about reviewing a new series that I would have enjoyed reading anyway.
  • a little girl who is so excited about her upcoming birthday!
  • the work God is doing in my life as He points out my sins and weaknesses and gives me what I need to change
  • children who play happily together
For what are you thankful this week?

No comments: